An LSC Guide Case Study: University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Weigle Information Commons and Education Commons
What do we want our learners to become?
- Aware of the powerful role they play in their own learning.
- Effective collaborators and participants in team activities.
- Comfortable asking for assistance and accessing expert advice in a timely manner.
- Connected with faculty, support providers and peers during the learning process.
- Digitally literate citizens who communicate about and use technology effectively.
What experiences make that becoming happen?
- Collaborating in a flexible, technology-rich space.
- Interacting with tutors, peer advisors, faculty, teaching assistants, librarians.
- Preparing, practicing, recording and receiving feedback on presentations.
- Connecting virtually via video and web conferencing.
- Students taking ownership of the space – feeling comfortable and in control.